Had some good old-fashioned snuggle time with my husband last night, so this post is about a day late. I’d say I’m sorry, but I’m really not. Would you be sorry for snuggling with your sweetheart?
- Went to bed Thursday night between 1:00 and 1:30 AM; got up at 8:00 AM feeling hungry and tired, weighed in at 108.6 lbs
- Pretty hungry by 8:45 AM, when I ate the usual 3/4 cup of Lucky Charms cereal with 1/2 cup Kroger whole milk; felt full
- Drank 8 oz water with 2 ice cubes at 9:00 AM; felt satisfied
- Hungry again by 10:00 AM
- By 10:45 AM, I was pretty hungry, so I had a snack consisting of 1/2 cup of Kroger small curd cottage cheese; felt just satisfied and not actively hungry
- Ate a Braeburn apple (if you’re unfamiliar with the type, it’s a fairly large apple, although The Daily Plate classifies it as a medium apple); felt satisfied
- Realized I was hungry for lunch at 1:45 PM, finished what I was doing and then began preparing lunch
- Ate a sandwich for lunch at 2:20 PM, consisting of 2 slices of Kroger whole wheat bread, 2 tbsp Kroger creamy peanut butter, 1 tbsp Valu Time (Giant Eagle’s cheapest brand) grape jelly; felt just satisfied, not actively hungry
- Ate 1 Bolthouse Farms carrot, peeled and sliced, and 8 Kroger grape tomatoes, with 2 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing for dipping; felt satisfied
- Drank 8 oz. Kroger chocolate milk for a treat at 2:50 PM; felt full
- Wasn’t hungry again until about 5:45 PM; my husband, son, and I went out to La Fogata Grill, which is a Mexican chain in Central Ohio (which is where I’m from, in case you’re new to my blog). I had a ground beef & onion chimichanga topped with white American cheese, served with lettuce, tomato, sour cream, and guacamole in a mini taco salad-type shell, with water to drink. I also had probably about a dozen chips with salsa, a few bites of my son’s kid’s-meal quesadilla and a few sips of his milk to cut the salsa — I wasn’t really feeling the spicy thing last night. I felt full, but not like I was going to burst.
- I did 3 sets of 3 songs each on Dance Dance Revolution at 9:00 PM, all at the beginner level of Game Mode, and all about an average of 130 beats per minute. According to the game, I burned 33.525 calories doing that, or an average of 3.725 calories per song. I felt good afterward, not bouncing off the walls with excess energy, but certainly not fatigued. I did feel pretty cranky for a few hours before I did the dancing, though.
- At about 9:45 PM, my husband and I settled in to watch some seventh-season Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and had our dessert from the restaurant. Mine was flan, which is a Mexican custard with caramelized sugar poured overtop. Probably consists of eggs, milk, and sugar.
Nutrition label information for my food intake today:
- Calories: 970
- Calories from fat: 382
- Fat: 41.52 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 47.5 mg
- Sodium: 1595 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 127.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 14.2 g
- Sugars: 58.8 g
- Protein: 35.07 g
Notes: Nutritional information about produce I’ve eaten comes from The Daily Plate. This is all the information for food I ate up through lunch. I did not have nutritional information for anything I ate from the restaurant.
Thoughts and observations:
- Still getting distracted from hunger, thirst, and (I noticed this day) the need to use the bathroom. It’s probably going to be a work-in-progress, a long process of training myself to listen to my body.
- Breakfast, snack, and lunch were superficially healthy, but as I took a closer look at the nutritional information, I noticed that again, I consumed a lot of sodium. The bread and Ranch dressing were especially high. I will be searching for healthier alternatives to these types of foods. I don’t even want to know what my total sodium count was at the end of the day.
- Again, the small treat of chocolate milk kept me from binging. Even when we went out to the restaurant, I finished my dinner, but didn’t feel uncomfortably full, and I waited until after I had digested and burned off a few calories before consuming my dessert.
- I felt pretty cranky in the few hours before I did the DDR, but considerably less so afterward. I wonder if the cranky was due to the foods I ate, the lack of exercise in the past few days, both, or neither. I dunno. That’s what this is for, isn’t it?
Okie dokie! Now time for Day 3’s post.