But more on that later.
- Today I woke up at 10:30 AM, since it was my turn to sleep in while my husband got up with our son. I was pretty tired, but only a little hungry. I weighed in at 107.4 lbs.
- Ate breakfast at 11:15 AM, again the usual 3/4 cup Lucky Charms cereal with 1/2 cup Kroger whole milk. I felt satisfied, but not necessarily full.
- At 11:30 AM I decided to finish off the chocolate milk — 12 oz., after which I felt full, but not uncomfortably so.
- At a little after 1:00 PM, I headed out for the Hilliard YMCA to meet with Krista and do the Couch to 5K Day 1 workout. I’m going to write a separate post about that so I can go into more detail without screwing up my tidy system for the journal entries.
- Spent the time from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM changing into workout clothes, stretching, warming up, running/walking, cooling down, stretching again, and changing back into street clothes. At first I felt excited and nervous, and then dread and exhaustion set in as we ran. By the end of it, I was pretty sure I was going to die. I felt both better and worse as the rest of the day wore on.
- I was pretty hungry when I got in my car at 3:00 PM, and ate an avocado as soon as I got home at about 3:45 PM. While I was eating it, I soft-boiled 3 eggs, and then ate those as soon as I finished the avocado. I felt full, but thirsty, and really wasn’t interested in drinking water. I had 4 oz of Kroger whole milk, and then felt FULL.
- We went over to my sister’s house for dinner. While she was cooking, I had a dark chocolate/white mint Ghiradelli square.
- My sister made cornbread chili, a recent quickie recipe of my dad’s. I’ll get the recipe from my dad and post it later. It consisted of cornbread, beans, tomatoes, and ground beef, with a bit of sour cream on the side. We also had French-style cut green beans. I was FULL.
- Drank water from my water bottle all day, but it never reached empty. Wasn’t really thirsty today, except while I was running.
Nutritional information I have for food consumed today (again, all produce information comes from The Daily Plate):
- Calories: 1746
- Calories from Fat: 545.5
- Total Fat: 60.75 g
- Saturated Fat: 23.52 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 712.5 mg
- Sodium: 1984 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 246.65 g
- Dietary Fiber: 24.7 g
- Sugars: 123.83 g
- Protein: 62.5 g
Thoughts and observations:
- I feel like maybe I woke up in the middle of a sleep cycle. So even though I got what should have been enough sleep, I still felt pretty tired.
- I have no idea how I lost a pound and a half, since I pigged out on pizza and Coke last night for dinner. Weird. But I ate much better today, so I’m not too worried about it. If I continue to pig out, then I’ll have to reassess my habits.
- I eat cereal for breakfast every day. I knew that. I just wanted to make you aware that this is completely normal for me, and pretty much has been since childhood. I may think about changing it up a bit, having a hot breakfast on weekends or something.
- It seems that the chocolate milk became more of a temptation than a treat. I want to be able to have treats now and again, but be able to have them around without succumbing to their wiles every day. The chocolate milk was starting to call to me almost every time I opened up the fridge. I’d like to say that my willpower is stronger than that. Sadly, it’s not. It’s something to work on.
- I’m very proud of myself for having the avocado and eggs instead of junk when I was STARVING upon arriving home from my workout. I imagine that those plus the milk was plenty of protein to help build muscle. Or do you have to eat meat for that to work? Oh well, there was beef in the chili.
- Cholesterol seemed very high today. The vast majority of it was, of course, the eggs. But eggs are good for you. As long as I don’t eat 3 of them every day, I shouldn’t have to worry about my cholesterol… right?
- Sodium still very high. Need more whole foods, fewer processed ones, probably.
- Sugar also seemed high again today. No more chocolate milk for awhile.
- I have a headache. I think it’s stress-related, but it could also be that I probably didn’t drink enough water today, especially considering the exercise I did.
- I’m also hungry again. Could be why I have the headache.
Off to find some sustenance. Will update again with those calories, etc.
Edited to add: Felt so stressed that I drowned my sorrows in a couple of Pop-Tarts. The nutritional information above reflects those empty calories and needless sugars.