Really feeling the effects of Sunday’s Couch to 5K today. Ick. (I am SO not a runner.)
- I went to bed at a decent time Sunday night, about 11:45 PM, and woke up this morning at about 8:20, still feeling tired and hungry. Laid in bed for about five minutes, assessing the soreness in my quads. Weighed in at 106.4 lbs.
- Ate the last 3/4 cup of the Lucky Charms cereal with the last 1/2 cup of Kroger whole milk. Felt just satisfied.
- At 9:20 AM, I noticed my shoulders were starting to hurt in addition to my quads.
- I drank 14 oz. water from my water bottle from 9:30 to 11:15 AM.
- By 11:15 AM, I was pretty hungry. I ate a Braeburn apple at 11:35, and was still hungry.
- I finished the remaining 4 oz. of water in my water bottle (it’s an 18 oz. bottle) and felt a little better.
- At 12:35 PM I ate an egg salad sandwich, consisting of 2 large eggs, hard-boiled, 1 1/2 tsp Plochman’s yellow mustard, 1 tbsp Kroger classic mayonnaise, and 2 slices of Kroger whole wheat bread, toasted. Felt very satisfied.
- I was hungry again by 4:30 PM, and ate a small snack of 6 pieces of chocolate (these are really small chocolates, folks — the serving size listed on the back of the package is 12 pieces).
- I was a little hungry when dinner was ready at 5:30 PM. I ate 1 1/2 Ruben sandwiches (of my own design, as I like neither saurkraut nor Swiss cheese): 3 slices of S. Rosen’s dark Jewish unseeded rye bread, 3 slices of corned beef, and 3 slices of provolone. I also had about a serving and a half of steamed broccoli with 2 tsp Buitoni shredded parmesan cheese on top. I drank 3 oz. of water with dinner, and afterward felt quite satisfied.
- I had another 10 oz. of water after dinner, but wanted a treat around 9:00 PM, while I was watching t.v., so I made some chocolate milk. I still wanted a little something, so I poured a bowl of cereal. I was now out of Lucky Charms and whole milk, so this time it was 24 Frosted Mini Wheats with Kroger 2% milk. I now felt satisfied.
- Later on, probably around midnight or so, I was hungry again, although it may have been heartburn, so I ate two Pop-tarts, toasted. In retrospect, I probably should have just gone to bed. And I might have had heartburn at 9:00 too.
- Calories: 2290
- Calories from Fat: 711.5
- Total Fat: 76.75 g
- Saturated Fat: 34 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 512 mg
- Sodium: 2813 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 307.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 24 g
- Sugars: 145 g
- Protein: 85 g
Again, I got all my produce information from The Daily Plate, and was unable to include the corned beef in my calculations, as it was from the Kroger deli — deli packages don’t list nutrition facts.
Thoughts and Observations:
- It must be the sleep cycle thing. Why else would I get 8+ hours of sleep and still not feel ready to get up?
- I was actually pleasantly surprised this morning. I really thought I would be sore all over my body, and it would be pretty unbearable. But I really only felt it in those three places: quads, ankles, and shoulders. Things to stretch better for Workout #2, I guess.
- Why do I keep dropping weight? It’s not usually a good sign for me. It’s usually a sign of stress, leading to being too distracted to eat or even feel hungry.
- I was pretty thirsty today. I’m guessing it has something to do with the total lack of water I had yesterday. Not a good thing to do after exercise.
- Guess I’m still not listening to my body very well if I’m confusing hunger and heartburn. It’s not unusual for me to do, but it certainly doesn’t sound right.
- Sodium: Gaaaack! How am I still alive?!?! Sugar still too high, too. And I really had enough calories for the day without those damn Pop-tarts. No more of those.
How are everyone else’s New Year’s Resolutions and Non-Resolutions coming along? Any diet-related goals going better than mine?