You know the drill.
- Last night I stayed up watching television and doing word puzzles until almost 1:00 AM. I guess I just lost track of time, but I knew what time it was at 11:00 PM, and I knew I wanted to write Day 5 then. I just couldn’t seem to get off the couch. Probably because I had spent most of my evening watching How I Met Your Mother, Accidentally on Purpose, Two and a Half Men, Big Bang Theory, and Castle. Monday is the only night of the week that I watch television for three solid hours. I barely watch any t.v. at all for the rest of the week. But I digress….
- I woke up at 9:00 AM to my son jabbering away in his crib. I must have needed the sleep, because I never even heard him start to stir. Guess I’ll be going to bed earlier tonight. I wasn’t tired at all when I woke up, nor were my muscles sore from Sunday’s run. Weighed in at 106.8 lbs.
- Ate breakfast at 10:00 AM: 24 Frosted Mini Wheats (that’s the serving size, people) with 1/2 cup of Kroger 2% milk. I was just satisfied, but didn’t notice myself being actively hungry for the rest of the morning.
- At 12:30 I was STARVING.
- After fixing my son’s lunch, I ate a PB&J sandwich for my own lunch, consisting of 2 tbsp Kroger creamy peanut butter, 1 tbsp Valu Time grape jelly, and 2 slices S. Rosen’s dark Jewish unseeded rye bread (nope, that’s really the brand name and such). I felt satisfied, but very thirsty. I drank 5 oz. of water, and was still a bit thirsty. Forgot about that, though.
- By 3:20 PM, I was hungry again, and ate 12 Kroger grape tomatoes with 1 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing. I felt just satisfied. Ate 1/2 cup Kroger small curd cottage cheese at 3:50 PM, and was still a little hungry.
- Drank 8 oz of water at 4:45 PM. Still hungry.
- Ate dinner at 5:45 PM: rotisserie-style chicken, 1 leg; mashed potatoes with Olivio and au jous, green beans; felt full.
- I was a little hungry, but mostly wanting a snack at 9:30 PM, so I had 3 Pepperidge Farm Brussels cookies. I wanted more, but told myself I didn’t need any more empty calories. So that’s all I had.
- Calories: 1165
- Calories from Fat: 481.5
- Total Fat: 52.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 16.75 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
- Sodium: 1735 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 142 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12 g
- Sugars: 44 g
- Protein: 38.5 g
I didn’t have information for the chicken, au jous, or green beans today.
Thoughts and Observations:
- I gained 0.4 lbs over yesterday. Whatever. Weight fluctuates. What I’m going for is a general, gradual increase of muscle mass, that I figure will be evidenced by a higher number on the scale. I mean, I’m not looking for a body-builder kind of figure here, just some tone and definition, and maybe a little something extra on top of that in my arms. I like my arms.
- Sodium is absolutely improved over yesterday. I just find it so hard to believe that everything is SO salty! I mean, I don’t really care about the fat content of foods or whatever, but I don’t want to be unhealthy. I don’t want to consume way too much sodium, cholesterol, or sugar. And some days it seems that’s exactly what I’m doing. Cholesterol was good today. And sugars were way better than in the past few days as well.
- I’m pretty proud of myself for my lack of unhealthy snackage today — especially considering how poor my diet has been in the past few days.