I have had some time to reflect on my first week of this fitness plan. Here is what I’ve discovered:
- I hate Hate HATE counting calories. It’s a pain in the ass. No thank you. Plus, it really doesn’t jive with the “Michael Pollan diet” that I really like.
- I’m still having a hard time remembering to listen to my body for what to eat and drink, and when. Still a work in progress.
- I still don’t get enough rest, really. Again, I don’t really listen to my body. And I really haven’t set a bedtime or made myself stick to it. Another work in progress, I guess.
- I am disappointed with my progress (or lack thereof) with Couch-to-5K.
- Eat more whole foods and fewer processed foods, eat more plants, eat a greater variety of foods, and eat for enjoyment as well as health. Thus is Michael Pollan’s philosophy, and this is what makes sense to me. No more calorie-counting.
- Continue to listen to my body, and improve my listening skills in this department. Eat, drink, and rest accordingly. Try to establish three time frames for meals and two for snacks.
- “Set a specific bedtime and stick to it.”
- Stick to the Couch-to-5K running program. At least, take it one day at a time.
- I will no longer be posting journal entries for each individual day. I will, however, be updating regularly, probably every few days once I’ve done the next C25K workout.